The FASTag card for vehicles is an initiative of the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI). It is a mechanism for citizens of India to pay toll taxes in a quick, cashless, and simple manner. The National Payments Corporation of India is in charge of its development (NPCI). Users can easily make an online FASTag recharge and pass by toll plazas without waiting in a long queue. FASTag has been required for all four-wheeler vehicles and higher to pay tolls on all National Highways since December 2019.
Users who do not have a FASTag will now be charged twice as much to pass through the FASTag-only lanes. When the car approaches the toll plaza, the FASTag user can quickly scan his FASTag using the tag reader located there. It allows FASTag users to pay their tolls digitally, eliminating the need for cash. Currently, approximately 600 FASTag devices are located in toll plazas across the country.
Steps To Check FASTag Balance via Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank is where you may top up your FASTag balance. However, in order to use this method, you must have an active internet connection. The procedure for the online recharge is as follows:
- Visit the Airtel Payments Bank website for further information.
- Go to https://www.airtel.in/bank and type in the URL.
- After then, the Bank’s website interface will appear.
- Now, input your registered cellphone number and four-digit mPIN to access your Airtel Payments Bank account.
- After login in with your Airtel Payments Bank account, select FASTag from the drop-down menu.
- On the home screen, you can now check the balance of your FASTag.
Alternative methods to determine your FASTag balance
- SMS: As soon as you cross a toll plaza and money is deducted from it, an alert is delivered to your registered mobile number regarding your FASTag balance.
- Call: To check your FASTag balance, you can call a toll-free hotline. Simply phone +91-8884333331 to check the balance of your FASTag wallet. A text message with your FASTag balance will be delivered to your registered phone number.
- Email: When you cross a toll plaza, you’ll receive an email with information about the balance in your FASTag wallet, just like an SMS. You will be able to view how much money is left on your card.
- Website: If your FASTag is linked to your bank account, you can check the balance in your FASTag wallet by visiting the FASTag portal on the bank’s website or app.
- FASTAg App: The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) app’s ‘My FASTag’ feature allows you to check your FASTag balance by just entering your car registration number.
How To Recharge Your Airtel FASTag account?
To make a FASTag recharge online, simply use internet banking, credit card, debit card, or UPI to load money into your associated Airtel Payments Bank account/wallet using the Airtel Thanks app. Following the successful loading, FASTag will be issued a minimum balance amount that will be used when you cross a poll. Your associated Airtel Payments Bank account/wallet will be debited for the toll payment. Money will be debited from your FASTag minimum balance amount in case of a low balance. Now that your FASTag recharge is complete, you will have a smooth and seamless experience at toll plazas. Not only that, Airtel Payments Bank also supports electricity bill payment, mobile prepaid recharges, DTH recharge, etc.